Cost – $200
BICSI – 3 CEC’s
The demand for high speed connectivity is driving fiber optic technology to meet current requirements for 5G systems. This course will provide a basic understanding of how to integrate and install optical components in order to successfully establish connectivity in FTTA and cell tower networks.
Topics covered include:
• Proper installation and termination methods when installing and testing fiber optic networks
• Importance of cleaning and inspection
• New types of inspection and test equipment
• Understanding loop back testing
• End to end attenuation, optical return loss and reflectance
• Dealing with the challenges and potential performance issues when connecting older fiber to new installations
The course format is classroom followed by specific demonstrations on inspection, cleaning, testing for attenuation and return loss, and loop-back testing.