It’s Called Professional Development for a Reason
You are a Professional.
You’re in Charge of Your OWN Development.
Keeping yourself fresh with knowledge and staying ahead of the game is key to advancing in your career. By attending ISE EXPO, you will return to your employer armed with the latest ICT products and new knowledge that will help you both.
The trick is getting approval to attend!
That’s why we want to help you convince your employer that it’s in the company’s best interest to allow you to attend ISE EXPO 2018.
Below are tips to gain support for attending:
- Focus on what you will specifically bring back to the organization as return for the investment.
- Creating a brown bag lunch and learn after the event.
- Sharing presentation materials/slides with your team.
- Bringing back videos of product demos from the booths you visit.
- Sharing the workshop schedule and speaker handouts with your colleagues. As an attendee, you have unlimited access to the featured speaker presentations and white papers.
- Be ready with a plan that shows who will cover for you while you are attending the conference.
Check out Denver specials and discounts for ISE EXPO attendees here.
Borrow the ‘send me to ISE EXPO and our company will benefit’ letter that we’ve drafted below. This general template will get you started while allowing you to customize it with your company’s particular needs.
LETTER TO SUPERVISOR
Dear <supervisor’s name>,
Our company needs people who are aware of the trends and direction of the ICT industry in order to solve problems and work smarter. I’m on mission to be one of those people and I know I can help our team by attending ISE EXPO 2018.
When you allow me to attend ISE EXPO 2018, August 14 – 16, in Denver, Colorado, I can learn from a number of educational sessions that are directly applicable to my work. And I’m happy to share that knowledge with our team members when I return. How you ask? Here are just some of the ideas I have to spread the wealth of knowledge I gain and help make our team even better at what we do.
When I return, I am prepared to:
- Create a brown bag lunch and learn program based on 2-3 of the seminars I attend
- Share presentation materials/slides with our team
- Bring back videos of product demos from the booths I visit
- Share a list of 10 new expert contacts who can help us in our specific areas
I have identified a number of educational sessions which will allow me to gain knowledge in areas of that could immediately be put to use with <project(s) you are working on>. The presentations are facilitated by both leading industry experts and telecommunications colleagues who have faced similar challenges.
The total costs for the conference are . The detailed cost breakdown is listed below:
Meals (estimate): <$xxxx>
Registration Fee: <$0.00, Complimentary to ICT Professionals >
The total costs associated with attending this conference are <$xxxx>.
The opportunity for me to develop better contacts and gain knowledge in specific areas of makes my attendance at ISE EXPO 2018 a wise investment, which will yield rich dividends for our organization.
<Your name here>