Cost – $150
BICSI – 3 CEC’s, ETA – 3 CEC’s
Presented by Danny Huffman, Instructor, Light Brigade
This session will focus on the proper design of FTTx point-to-point and point-to-multipoint passive optical networks (PON) with home-run, centralized, and distributed topologies. Learn about the importance of customer take rate and density and how they apply to your design. The session will review various network configurations, design benchmarks, and installation parameters for FTTx systems.
- Economic node location based on various architectures
- Futureproofing and fiber sizing
- PON design options with key design decisions
- The importance of take rate and splitter location
- Centralized and distributed split designs.
- Termination technique considerations.
- Fundamental design steps.
- Design options for rural installations.
- Home run strategies.
- Centralized strategies.
- Distributed strategies.
- Growth and migration.
- Coexistence with next-generation FTTx systems.